Thursday, October 11, 2012

Apple Muffins

I went in search of a muffin recipe using apples because Daven doesn't like the packaged slices that come in Happy Meals and we had collected a few packages of them. I searched Pinterest this morning and just picked one. I needed to get it in the oven before baby Lainey was dropped off.

Here's where the recipe is:

http://casaveneracion.com/baked-apple-donuts-with-cinnamon-and-nutmeg/


I didn't have any nutmeg, so I used cinnamon instead. And I mixed the apples in cinnamon and sugar and let that soak in while I was prepping the rest of the batter. Other than that, I followed the recipe.

The verdict? DELICIOUS! They remind me a bit of an apple fritter in muffin form. They are super filling as well. I put two on my plate and couldn't finish them both.

My drink of choice for this, as well as the writer of the blog I found the recipe from, is coffee. Hot tea would be nice as well. Or milk. Bub is having a sippie of soy milk with his.

Daven is currently licking the cinnamon sugar off the top of his muffin. And he has no idea that those apples he doesn't like are inside! I would definitely make these again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment