Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Breakfast Tantrum

Why did Daven throw an all-out tantrum this morning?

Because I wouldn't let him dump his oatmeal into the bathroom sink.

He was eating breakfast and watching Disney Jr. when I informed him that I was going to go take a quick shower.  I was just shampooing my hair when I heard him come into the bathroom.

"Daven, what are you doing?"

"I need to wash this."

"What do you need to wash?"

"I need to dump all my oatmeal in the sink."

I opened the shower curtain back, suds in my hair, eyes squinty from having my glasses off.  There he was, standing on his stool, getting ready to clog up the bathroom sink with his breakfast.

When I told him that it would make the sink stop working and to pretty please go put the bowl in the kitchen, he flipped out.  Screamed "No!" at me.  I had to walk my naked self out of the shower to physically take the bowl of oatmeal from his hands and put it where he couldn't reach it.  All the while, he's screaming at me to please give it back.

Why?  Just, why?  I don't get it. 

"I'm mad at you, mommy!"

"OK.  I'm sorry to hear that."

What else could I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment