Friday, May 23, 2014

Fairy Garden Starter Kit

Last weekend Daven and I went to a birthday party for a special little lady. Lainey's birthday kind of snuck up on me, and I didn't prepare enough to crochet something for her. But I knew that she loves playing outside, and thought of a way to create an activity for this spunky two year old to do with her parents. 

All of the materials came from crafting items that I already had at home, although if you're starting from scratch, many great things you can grab from The Dollar Tree. 

Whether you are welcoming fairies, gnomes, trolls, or other mythical creatures to your yard, I think a "garden" is a great activity!



This particular kit contained:

Marbles
Flat marbles in varying sizes
Plastic jewels
Buttons
Seashells
Sea glass (I actually made this, but you can buy it in craft stores)
Plastic playmates 
Pixie dust (glitter)
Rocks (for landscaping, from a hardware store)
Decorative sticks (for decorating potted plants and gardens)
Crocheted fairy pillow


I crammed it all into a spare terra cotta pot, and added ribbon. 









A sandbox is a perfect spot to play, even if it doesn't have sand in it yet ;)





Lainey's daddy wasn't afraid to get in on the action. 






What else would you add?





No comments:

Post a Comment